We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. The most recent update was the 15th of May 2018.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you and we use this information to service your account and to personalise your experience at www.dogslovehownd.com .
Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase. This generally comprises name, address, contact details (phone number, email address), credit card or bank details, and any information related to goods and service preferences. When you place an order with Power Pet Brands Limited t/a HOWND via our website, your credit card data is collected and passed directly to our payment provider for processing and is not stored on this site or any other online system on our behalf.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any other means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data only. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Storing Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect the tranmission of your personal data via use of modern encryption cyphers and digital security certificates, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us via our website or our offices at Power Pet Brands Ltd t/a HOWND, Churchill House, Stirling Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2HP
All credit and debit card online payments are processed by Stripe or PayPal. Telephone orders are primarily processed through Square. All payments are taken over a secure connection whether they are processed directly on our website or through a third party like Stripe and PayPal.
Third Party Links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. We do not control the content on these websites and we are not responsible for the practices employed by them. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please carefully check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. Any access request to provide you with the information we hold about you will not be subject to charge.
You have the right to request your personal data be corrected, prohibited for certain uses or removed completely in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
You can opt out from our newsletters at any point in time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email you receive. Alternatively, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com and requesting the removal of your details or by calling us on +44 (0)20 30045255.