7 GOOD REASONS TO SWITCH YOUR DOG TO A PLANT-BASED DIET
I1. It’s healthy – research has shown a decrease in incidences of cancer and
infections when dogs are fed a plant-based diet, as well as arthritis and
diabetes regression, cataract improvement, healthier teeth and gums,
reduced eye discharge and other health benefits.
I2. It’s nutritionally sound – dogs don’t need meat to stay healthy. For centuries they’ve been man’s best friend, living on a varied mix of leftovers. They do require two amino acids, L-carnitine and taurine, which are usually added to vegan dog foods or can be added as supplements.
3. Less chance of allergens - studies have shown that many allergies in our dogs are caused by a reaction to animal protein in pet food.
4. It’s safe – if you feed your dog a plant-based diet you know what they’re getting, whereas there’s been a history of toxins and harmful ingredients creeping into commercial meat-based pet foods because of poor quality control.
5. It can help save other animals’ lives – what about the animals that suffer to produce pet food? 30% of intensively farmed animals are destined for our pets’ food bowls.
6. It’s better for the environment – did you know that a quarter of the environmental impact of meat production comes from the pet-food industry? The loss of natural habitats to factory farming provides a major threat to the existence of wildlife, according to a University of Oxford study, whilst research by the University of Edinburgh shows that an area twice the size of the UK is used to produce dry pet food each year.
7. It lessens your eco paw print - transitioning a seventy-pound dog from a raw meat diet to a plant-based diet could save 2,200 gallons of water, approximately sixty square feet of rainforest, around ninety pounds of grain, and the lives of two farm animals...every day, say the authors of
‘The Clean Pet Food Revolution’.
THE HOWND PROMISE
HOWND create products that help keep dogs happy and healthy for life, while
encouraging others to live a planet-kind, cruelty-free lifestyle. We believe the
world would be a better place if more people embraced the power of plants.
Our products are kind to our precious planet and the animals that inhabit it.
That’s why dogs and their humans love HOWND.
We are convinced that dogs can thrive without compromising the welfare of
other animals. Since day one, HOWND pet care has been certified by Cruelty-
Free International and is accredited by The Vegetarian (Vegan) Society, PETA
Cruelty-Free and The Ethical Company Organisation.